Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Handmade by Mama......

I started this year (or was it last year ???) promising myself to buy as many handmade gifts as possible. I have sort of stuck to this pledge - well, kind of, well a few here and there............mainly for family.......at least I tried. I bought a few things from here and here. They were very well received. And then I stepped it up to a whole new level..............I actually made a gift MYSELF. I have been a long time reader of Maya*made and recently purchased her reinvention skirt PDF pattern - or in short, how to make a gorgeous skirt out of an old T-shirt.......recycling at its best!!! And here's the result - apologies for my photography.
ps this used to be a $3 T-shirt from my local Salvation Army shop.
pps this skirt isn't actually crooked - just really really bad styling !!!


2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so happy to see your gorgeous skirt! Isn't it amazing what $3 can turn into? I like the rock background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice mama. Hmmm someone I know has a birthday coming up!

    ReplyDelete