Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mother Nature's Cup of Tea............

Anyone that really truly knows me knows that I love my coffee. In fact, scientific research proves that if I don't have my cup of coffee before I leave the house for the day, my day will be ruined...............and I will be grumpy. Anyway, a few months ago I bought some lemon balm to plant in our vegie garden and it has since quadrupled in size so I thought it was time to 'harvest' and make a cup of tea.
So according to the label on the plant - I know, a dubious reference for tea making - all you need is a handful of leaves and some boiling water and 8 minutes to steep............and it was great.

Lemon balm is an anti-depressant and a stress reliever - its going to be part of my daily ritual. I love the fact that I can go and grab a handful of leaves that I GREW and whack in some boiling water and presto......a cup of tea. I love it !!! Today I added some mint and that was yum too........and my herbal tea guru just informed me that a nice combination is mint and a big whack of ginger, stay tuned for that review.

No comments:

Post a Comment